Just a quick reminder that the deadline for speaking proposals for the legal track of Copyright and Technology 2011 is the end of this week. In a previous post I said Friday, September 18. My mistake: September 18 is a Sunday. So we’ll make the deadline Monday the 19th. The legal speakers need to be confirmed early so that we can get materials in for New York State CLE approval.
I am excited about the following speakers whom we have confirmed so far:
- Andrew Bridges, Winston & Strawn
- Mary Rasenberger, Cowan DeBaets Abrahams & Sheppard (formerly U.S. Copyright Office)
- Christopher Kenneally, Copyright Clearance Center
…plus several speakers on the technology track, and our keynote speaker, Tom Rubin, chief IP strategist at Microsoft.
Please email proposals to me. Those proposing to moderate panels will be given first preference. Please include the following information in your proposal(s):
- Name and full contact info of proposer
- Name and full contact info of speaker (if different). Please note that if you are proposing on behalf of a speaker, personal confirmation from the speaker him- or herself will be required before we put him or her on the panel.
- Panel(s) proposed, as well as an indication whether a speaking or moderating role is desired.
- Brief statement describing the proposed speaker’s perspective on the topic(s) in the panel(s) proposed.
- Brief biography (two paragraphs or less) of proposed speaker (or URL of bio on website).