White papers, presentations and other documents of interest to Copyright and Technology readers. To obtain these, please fill out the form below to receive documents by email.
- Presentation: Rights Expression Languages (Or, Copyright Law Rumbles with Technology in a Dark Alley), January 2019. Given as part of Computational Law course at MIT, Cambridge, MA.
- E-book Watermarking: Technology and Applications, May 2018. Whitepaper commissioned by Icontact, creators of BooXstream.
- Watermarking Technology and Blockchains in the Music Industry, April 2017. Whitepaper commissioned by Digimarc.
- Strategies for Secure OTT Video in a Multiscreen World, March 2015. Whitepaper commissioned by Irdeto.
- Content Security Requirements for Multi-Screen Video Services, December 2011. Whitepaper commissioned by Verimatrix.
- Presentation: Policy Challenges around Digital Copyright, February 2010. Given at Association of American Publishers’ Professional and Scholarly Publishing Conference, February 2010, Washington, DC.
- Presentation: The Trajectory of DRM Technologies: Past, Present, and Future, September 2009. Keynote at ODRL/Virtual Goods Workshop, September 2009, Nancy, France.
- Presentation: How DRM Technologies Impact Consumers, March 2009. Given at Federal Trade Commission Town Hall on Digital Rights Management, March 2009, Seattle, Washington.
- Enterprise Rights Management: Business Imperatives and Implementation Readiness, August 2008. Market research study sponsored by Fasoo, GigaTrust, EMC, and Microsoft.
- Digital Magazine and Newspaper Editions: Growth, Trends, and Best Practices, May 2008. Market research study sponsored by Advanced Publishing, Olive Software, Nstein, Nxtbook, Texterity, YUDU, and Zinio.
- Content Identification Technologies: Business Benefits for Content Owners, April 2008. White paper presented at NAB 2008, Las Vegas.
- Presentation: Automating Notice and Takedown, March 2007. Given at Progress and Freedom Foundation seminar, What Goes Up Must Come Down: Copyright and Process in the Age of User-posted Content, Washington, DC.
- Rights Technologies and Online Content Business Models, November 2010 (audio with slides). Part of Henry Stewart Talks series on Digital Asset Management.
- Presentation to the National Academies’ workshop on the Impact of Copyright Policy on Innovation in the Digital Era, Washington, DC, October 2010 (Audio: scroll down to “Rosenblatt” and click “Audio” to download MP3).
Document Download Form
Please provide valid name, title, company, and email address.* We review these manually before approving distribution of documents. Therefore please allow up to 24 hours to receive them. White papers available in PDF or EPUB format; presentations in PDF only.
*How we use this information:
We may, very occasionally, send you email messages. If you wish to opt out, please click here to send an opt-out message. If you have requested a commissioned white paper, we may pass your contact information to the entity that commissioned the paper. They will have their own information usage and opt out policies. Otherwise we do not provide your information to third parties under any circumstances.