White papers, presentations and other documents of interest to Copyright and Technology readers. To obtain these, please fill out the form below to receive documents by email.
- Watermarking Technology and Blockchains in the Music Industry, April 2017. Whitepaper commissioned by Digimarc.
- Strategies for Secure OTT Video in a Multiscreen World, March 2015. Whitepaper commissioned by Irdeto.
- DRM and Content Protection Reference Table, November 2013. A table of basic information about currently active DRM, content protection, and conditional access technologies for commercial media content. We can provide more detailed information on a customized basis; please inquire if you would like more information.
- Excel spreadsheet (USD 300). Click here to order; please provide your name and email address in the message body. PayPal accepted.
- PDF version (free). Use form below to download.
- Content Security Requirements for Multi-Screen Video Services, December 2011. Whitepaper commissioned by Verimatrix.
- The New Content Monetization Opportunities for Publishers: Best Practices, Strategy and Architecture, April 2010. Whitepaper commissioned by Atypon.
- Policy Challenges around Digital Copyright, February 2010. Presentation given at Association of American Publishers’ Professional and Scholarly Publishing Conference, February 2010, Washington, DC.
- The Trajectory of DRM Technologies: Past, Present, and Future, September 2009. Keynote presentation at ODRL/Virtual Goods Workshop, September 2009, Nancy, France.
- How DRM Technologies Impact Consumers, March 2009. Presentation given at Federal Trade Commission Town Hall on Digital Rights Management, March 2009, Seattle, Washington.
- Digital Rights and Digital Television, March 2009. Paper prepared for the symposium Digital Television: Beyond HD & DTV, November 2007, at The Columbia University Institute for Tele-Information, Columbia Business School, New York City. (Original paper appears in Television Goes Digital. New York: Springer Science + Business Media, 2009).
- Google’s Settlement with the Publishing Industry: Opportunities and Strategies for Publishers, January 2009. Whitepaper commissioned by Mark Logic.
- Enterprise Rights Management: Business Imperatives and Implementation Readiness, August 2008. Market research study sponsored by Fasoo, GigaTrust, EMC, and Microsoft.
- Digital Magazine and Newspaper Editions: Growth, Trends, and Best Practices, May 2008. Market research study sponsored by Advanced Publishing, Olive Software, Nstein, Nxtbook, Texterity, YUDU, and Zinio.
- Content Identification Technologies: Business Benefits for Content Owners, April 2008. White paper presented at NAB 2008, Las Vegas.
- Automating Notice and Takedown, March 2007. Presentation given at Progress and Freedom Foundation seminar, What Goes Up Must Come Down: Copyright and Process in the Age of User-posted Content, Washington, DC.
- Rights Technologies and Online Content Business Models, November 2010 (audio with slides). Part of Henry Stewart Talks series on Digital Asset Management.
- Presentation to the National Academies’ workshop on the Impact of Copyright Policy on Innovation in the Digital Era, Washington, DC, October 2010 (Audio: scroll down to “Rosenblatt” and click “Audio” to download MP3).
Document Download Form
Please provide valid name, title, company, and email address. We review these manually before approving distribution of documents. Therefore please allow up to 24 hours to receive them.